Believe it or not, for the meatiest phase of the Firebird restoration project-- the engine rebuild-- the star of the show was the Pittsburgh Professional 1/2" Drive Click Stop Torque Wrench, a multipurpose tool utilized throughout the video (check out the great details and tips employed in this installment). A heavy-duty cam and pawl mechanism, this reversible 1/2" drive click type torque wrench is THE go-to tool when precise torque is needed. The click-type wrench design provides a torque range from 20 to 150 ft. lbs and is accurate to within +/- 4% ! Harbor Freight price: $19.99.
Judging by the reviews, we already know it's an awesome automotive hand tool. But how does it measure up cost-wise to the competition? Let's check it out:
- Sears - Performance Mechanics 1/2" Drive Click Torque Wrench #M200DB - $47.02
- Northern Tool - Northern Industrial 1/2" Torque Wrench #558266 - $29.99
- Home Depot - Husky 1/2" Drive Torque Wrench #39104T - $79.97
- Lowe's - Kobalt 1/2" Drive Click Torque Wrench #85601 - $94.97
- Grainger - Proto 1/2" Torque Wrench #J6016CX - $281.50
Next time we'll look at the tools used for painting the car and, as always, compare them to the competition's stuff. By now the pattern should be clear: Harbor Freight Tools offers, without a doubt, the best value on quality auto restoration tools. Don't forget to check out their weekly flyer and keep checking HarborFreight.com for sales, coupons and the best deals around!
See you next time!